The CNC Mill Programmer/Operator will be responsible for programming, setting up and running a Vertical Milling Centers. The candidate will utilize information provided on part drawings and solid models using CAD/CAM to produce quality parts.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Program, Set up and run jobs independently.
- Program CNC Vertical Milling Centers using information provided on part drawings and solid models using CAD/CAM to produce quality parts.
- Select the correct fixtures, cutting tools, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut and the sequence of operations to achieve the required part specifications.
- Start and monitors the machines as the jobs run to ensure that the machines are operating properly.
- Complete First Piece Inspection, In-Process Inspection and Last Piece Inspections.
- Keeps inventory of required cutting tools and job required materials.
- Perform minor maintenance and upkeep on all machines in the VMC cell as necessary.
- Assist in other manufacturing areas as necessary.
Skills and Attributes
- Experience with automated work chucks and robotic workcells.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing as to work requirements.
- Ability to use inspection equipment like micrometers, calipers, indicators, height masters, comparators, etc...
- Read and understand blueprints and Geometric Tolerance.
- Ability to work within tolerances of +/-.0002" regularly.
- Experience with EDM electrode manufacturing is a plus.
- 5+ years experience operating CNC Mills (FANUC control experience is preferred).
- 5+ years’ experience with Solidworks, Esprit, Pro/E, NX or other CAD/CAM Software.
- Experience operation a Hurco VMC is a plus.
- Medical Insurance with Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacations
- First Shift Position
Please email your resume to email@example.com or call us at 630-736-0531 if you would like to apply for the CNC Mill Programmer/Operator position.