EDM Department Inc. is a manufacturing firm renowned for precision EDM machining and engineering capabilities. Our vertically integrated manufacturing process produces high-quality products with tolerances as tight as 0.00004″ (1 micron), almost 50X smaller than the width of the human hair, allowing us to meet the tight tolerances required for a multitude of applications.
EDM Department is ISO 9001 and AS9100D Certified as well as ITAR Registered.
Manufacturing Engineer Responsibilities:
- Improve and maintain manufacturing and inspection processes for material removal including wire and sinker EDM, Milling and laser ablation.
- Process development and process control including programming, setup and monitoring.
- Support of Design Engineering related to new product development; participation in prototype assembly builds.
- Develop production fixtures, gages, and test processes.
- Document assembly and test processes to ensure repeatable manufacturing methods.
- Drive improvement of our manufacturing processes and products through automation, process improvement, and quality improvement.
- AS or greater within an Engineering field
- A minimum of 1 to 2-years’ experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role.
Must be a US Person with permanent US residency
- Background in machining, knowledge of EDM processes and CNC milling and grinding.
Efficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office, and multi-dimensional design programs, Solidworks, Pro E.
Capable of designing manufacturing fixtures, gages.
- Understanding of metrology and measuring systems: manual, tactile CNC and vision systems.
- Manufacturing Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bartlett, IL 60103 (Required)
- English (Required)
Security Clearance Required:
- Confidential (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday