We are currently looking to add team members in the positions listed below. We offer competitive compensation and flexible hours along with benefits of health care, dental and a 401k.
Software & Equipment
Applications Support Engineer
The Applications Support Engineer (ASE) is responsible for providing a high level of customer service by maintaining regular communications, managing support cases, and meeting the customer’s expectations. The ASE will competently represent EDMIS to customers in a confident and professional manner and use customer interactions to build the EDMIS brand.
The ASE works closely with the EDMIS sales and operations team and our customers to provide a premium level of applications and service support. The ASE must become a subject matter expert on our product portfolio, customer applications and needs, and contractual obligations. The ASE completes measurement applications services, field service support and new systems installations while focusing on maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction for all customers.
The ASE will be expected to have the technical background needed to confidently assist the EDMIS team in the delivery of a first-class support experience to our rapidly expanding and broad customer base. This position is based in Bartlett, IL.
- Complete measurement applications services and generate measurement inspection reports for customers.
- Provide on-site applications support, technical service, maintenance and installations for all EDM Intelligent Solutions equipment and perform administrative activities associated with technical work.
- Improve the customer experience with EDMIS by recognizing their needs and providing solutions that meet and often surpass those needs. Contribute ideas toward process improvements.
- Assist in the assembly and testing of EDMIS systems for customer acceptance testing in Bartlett, IL before the systems are shipped to the customers final installation
- Participate in industry conferences and trade shows
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally, utilizing a CRM system to document actions and tasks performed, schedule future preventive maintenance needs, and other applications engineering functions.
- Gain detailed technical knowledge of EDM Intelligent Solutions systems through formal classroom, online training, and OJT.
- Work effectively as a team member assisting when and where needed. Become knowledgeable about and follow company procedures.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field.
- 1+ year of relevant work experience in a service/sales/support role is preferred.
- Ability to work with hand and power tools and ability to carry tools/parts from vehicle to work site. Able to lift 75 pounds frequently.
- Ability to travel by air and ground, within the United States, to customer facilities. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to meet and maintain a qualified driver’s status.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal. Other Language skills are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and customer service/soft skills.
- Creative, organized, and strong technical problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and responsible to effectively plan, execute, and document technical support applications.
- Must be able to complete work responsibilities with little supervision. Effectively exercise personal discretion and independent judgment.
- Experience with manufacturing equipment, robotics, microscopy, metrology, and measuring equipment is a plus.
- Basic experience with computer programming languages like C++/CLI, C#, .Net, WPF, SQL, MySQL, PHP is a plus.
- Basic experience working with server, desktop and business computer and networking hardware is a plus.
- Basic working knowledge of electrical and electronics installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of systems utilizing 12v, 24v, 110v, 220v and 480v operating voltages is a plus.
- Basic working knowledge of pneumatics system installation, maintenance and troubleshooting with operating pressures up to 150psi is a plus.
Due to the nature of our work and the trade restrictions placed upon it, an offer of employment with EDMIS is contingent upon the successful verification of U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status and completion of a background check and drug screen, subject to applicable laws and regulations. EDMIS does not offer work visa sponsorship within the United States. Background check must meet both EDMIS and our customer requirements and expectations.
Net?C++ Applications Developer/Programmer
- Designs, develops and tests custom industrial machine control applications
- Develops and implements custom industrial machine integration solutions
- Supports all applications from design through production and end user support
- Collaborates with software architects and end users to understand and use processes, develop application enhancements, design reports and develop new solutions.
- Strong math and applied science skills requiered
- Skilled in analytical problem solving and enjoys a challenge
- Experience with Front end GUI programming using C#/C++ with WPF
- Experience with MVVM
Machining & Manufacturing
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for evaluating and developing manufacturing processes, improving manufacturing efficiency, supporting daily manufacturing operations, evaluating quality and inspection methods, and coordinating maintenance of manufacturing equipment. This position also uses the information provided on a part drawings using CAD/CAM to select the appropriate manufacturing process and sequence of operations required to achieve the intended part specifications. Responsibilities also include creating project routers, selecting materials, tooling, fixtures, and piece part inspection.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting manufacturing routers; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; soliciting observations from machinist.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Provides support with quality management system an AS9100 standard requirements
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or related technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of Manufacturing Engineering experience.
- Must understand manufacturing processes that utilize material removal technologies.
- Proficiency in Solid Works and 3D modeling
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or manager, clients, customers and the general public.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are a must.
CNC Mill Programmer/Machinist
The CNC Mill Programmer/Machinist will be responsible for programming, setting up and running a Vertical Milling Centers. The candidate will utilize information provided on part drawings and solid models using CAD/CAM to produce quality parts.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Program, Set up and run jobs independently.
- Program CNC Vertical Milling Centers using information provided on part drawings and solid models using CAD/CAM to produce quality parts.
- Select the correct fixtures, cutting tools, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut and the sequence of operations to achieve the required part specifications.
- Start and monitors the machines as the jobs run to ensure that the machines are operating properly.
- Complete First Piece Inspection, In-Process Inspection and Last Piece Inspections.
- Keeps inventory of required cutting tools and job required materials.
- Perform minor maintenance and upkeep on all machines in the VMC cell as necessary.
- Assist in other manufacturing areas as necessary.
Skills and Attributes
- Experience with automated work chucks and robotic workcells.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing as to work requirements.
- Ability to use inspection equipment like micrometers, calipers, indicators, height masters, comparators, etc…
- Read and understand blueprints and Geometric Tolerance.
- Ability to work within tolerances of +/-.0002″ regularly.
- Experience with EDM electrode manufacturing is a plus.
- 5+ years experience operating CNC Mills (FANUC control experience is preferred).
- 5+ years’ experience with Solidworks, Esprit, Pro/E, NX or other CAD/CAM Software.
- Experience operation a Hurco VMC is a plus.
- Medical Insurance with Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays and Vacations
- First Shift Position
Job Type: Full-time