EDM Department Inc. is a manufacturing firm renowned for precision EDM machining and engineering capabilities. Our vertically integrated manufacturing process produces high-quality products with tolerances as tight as 0.00004″ (1 micron), almost 50X smaller than the width of the human hair, allowing us to meet the tight tolerances required for a multitude of applications. We are a one-stop shop for all electrical discharge machining (EDM) services. EDM Department works within major industries including: Aerospace & Defense, Interconnect and Medical & Pharmaceutical.
We are AS9100D, ISO 9001 and ITAR Registered Company.
We are currently looking for an experienced full-time wire EDM machinist to program, set-up and operate wire EDM machines to form precision metal parts and components.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with electronic blueprints (.dxf, .esp, .prt) and solid models (.sldprt, .stp, .igs)
- Create wire programs and output NC code for components in Esprit CAM
- Setup and/or operate multiple wire EDM machines
- Setup and/or operate CNC and manual EDM drills (hole poppers)
- Measure parts and monitor tolerances throughout the production process troubleshoot and make machine adjustments as necessary
- Modify and/or write M code and G code programs directly on the wire EDMs
- Maintain safe working operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Perform required preventive maintenance on the wire EDM machines as needed
- Promote continuous improvement to quality and productivity within the department
- Utilize teamwork approach to achieve satisfactory results and promote a positive “can do” attitude
- 5+ years programming in Esprit CAM or equivalent, set-up, and operating wire EDM machines
- 5 years working as a Production Machinist/EDM Operator
- Experience with tolerances of 0.0002″ (0.005mm) and below
- Interpret complex blueprints as well as a variety of geometric and trigonometric principles to calculate dimensions and tolerances
- Ability to use inspection equipment is a must
- Medical and Dental
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Life Insurance